Do you love working with children in a fun and active way? Do you want to inspire children to learn English? Would you like to immerse yourself in Italy’s beautiful culture? If yes, then you are perfect for this role!
This company specialises in providing fun, creative, and engaging English language Summer camps and are recruiting energetic, enthusiastic and dynamic individuals to spend an amazing Summer teaching English across Italy!
Their Summer camps facilitate and encourage learning through games, songs, and creative activities, such as arts & crafts and performance showcases. Their aim is to educate and inspire thousands of students all across Italy! A typical day at camp starts and ends with the students singing songs together in English. The rest of the day is divided between tutors independently leading a class of children in games and activities and taking part in big activities with the rest of the camp. The overall aim of the camps is to give children the motivation and the confidence to speak the language.
Tutors base pay is 440 euros for the completion of a two-week summer camp. Additional opportunities of leadership (with increased wage) are available to tutors based on performance at training and summer camps.
JOB DESCRIPTION/PERSON SPECIFICATION:
- Fun, enthusiastic and self-sufficient individual
- Be flexible and willing to learn new teaching styles and methods
- Have a genuine interest in working with children (previous experience is preferred by not essential due to the full training provided)
- Creative and able to facilitate a variety of large group activities (e.g. sports, theatre, and arts & crafts)
- Be confident in your ability to independently lead a group of children in games, songs and other activities.
- Open-minded and have an interest in learning and experiencing other cultures
- Able to and enjoy working independently and as a part of a team
- Be a Native-level English Speaker
- TEFL Certificate
- Possess high levels of energy and stamina, suitable for working with children during the Italian Summer
- Attend one four-day extensive training session based in Italy which will equip our tutors with all the information and tools required to have a successful and enriching summer camp experience!
- Confident travelling independently to the training site in Italy
- Be available to work a minimum of 2 weeks after training is completed (training dates start from the beginning of June)
- Have a fun-filled summer working with children and travelling all across Italy!
- Receive extensive training in Italy, free of charge.
- Gain transferable experience
- Enhance your teaching skills and learn new teaching styles
- Accommodation and food provided throughout training and summer camps!
- Transport is provided from the training centre to your summer camp location(s).
- The opportunity to stay with host families throughout the summer to get an authentic and unique insight into the beautiful Italian culture – it’s a once in a lifetime experience!
- The opportunity to meet lots of people and make lasting friendships